There are the following methods of watering:
watering the plant top;
plant watering down, in farfuriuta;
wetting by immersion;
Watering the plant top
– this method recomandata, give while difficult to implement.
Is performed using a funnel with a long and thin edge that carefully pour water on the edges of the pot, making sure that the soil does not erode the opencast. The water will wash the plant should not fall on the leaves and in the center of rozetei (This can lead to decay and death rosette African violet). Watering will stop when the water comes into the dish, which will throw.
- who wet the soil moistening independent controls;
- the surface soil layer pot remove harmful salts.
- this method requires more time;
- there is a risk of damaging the plant rosette;
- most of the time can not be made uniform wetting of the soil. Water is leaking in farfuriuta on the ghiveciului or on its walls some channels in the soil, most of the remaining dry land.
To prevent excessive dryness of the soil, the plant will sink in water. The soil will saturate with water, and capillary properties of it will restore.
For the retention of harmful salts, above ground of Flowerpot will sprinkle muscle sphangnum or porous stones, that will change on a regular basis.
Watering the plant down, in farfuriuta
-requires less time compared to the previous method.
One thing is important, pour in farfuriuta as long as ground water is also able to absorb. Excess water will be removed after half an hour- an hour after watering, the soil surface should be moist ghiveciului.
Application on a regular basis of the method in question leads to ' exit to the surface ' of harmful salts. The layer of soil from the surface of the ghiveciului will change on a regular basis.
Udarii method of the plant has undergone a small change in time: between and under flower pots with violet farfuriute is laid out in a carpet or a material that absorbs excess moisture and harmful salts and will change on a regular basis.
Watering by immersion:
Pot with plant are placed in a container filled with water more voluminous so that the top edge of the ghiveciului to remain on the surface. The pot in the container until the layer of soil from the surface to change color (becomes darker). The water enters through the drainage holes and plenty of saturated soil, even if there are parts inside the pot dry soil.
After, pot sits on a saucer to remove excess water.
- complete saturation of the soil in pot;
- an indispensable method emergency revival of dried plant;
- establishing a program for watering individual plants.
- high complexity;
- if using a shared container for several plants, is likely that the plants are contaminated with various pathogens;
- total deprivation of the root system of the plant air;
- significant fluctuations in soil moisture from watering to watering;
- soil can not remove harmful salts.
A method quite popular and fully justified for those who have an impressive collection of African violets. The essence of this method is that the water tank is placed a wick made of a synthetic material that easily absorbs water, wick through drainage holes of giveciului. Violet pot sits on the water tank, free end of the wick sinking in water. The capillary forces in the soil, penetrate the soil water through the wick, constant and uniform wetting it.
Advantages and disadvantages of this method are found HERE.
There are plenty of automated irrigation systems – from industrial to ornamental plants intended for rooms. The irrigation, drip water distribution is based on evenly and slowly, drop by drop, according to plant needs.
Datorita miscarii capillary tube lens IEPA in G, almost no air is removed from the soil due to water penetration. This allows the soil and plant roots to breathe properly during the vegetation period.
[flv:http://youtube.com/watch?v = 9S0XPgf490Y 560 349]
- uniform soil moisture,
- Watering with controlled amounts of water;
- distribution in the plant root development,
- exclude involvement in the irrigation florist,
- salts in water does not accumulate in the soil,
- fertilizing the plant while its wet,
- insecticides applied acetate system have a higher share for, reducing the number of treatments applied,
- the surface layer is permanently pot washing.
It is important to take care that the Parma violets not be immersed in water held in plates. Flower pots with plants will sit on special racks and water flow rate will be adjusted accordingly with the plant needs.
The disadvantages of these irrigation systems are:
- high cost;
- the difficulty of purchasing;
- can damage these systems during wetting.
- some awkwardness in their care.