Main requirements for watering:
Saintpaulia is a plant that has its origins in tropical forests. In the natural environment, African violets grow outdoors, in a soil afanat, well aerated and constantly wet. The root system of violetei is poorly developed, because of this plant does not support a soil with a high concentration of salts, dries quickly, or in which water stagnates for a long time.
Long water scarcity inhibit the growth of the plant and lead to her death. Soil moisture play an important role during active growth violetelor. If during this time the humidity is poor have suffered buds and plant growth point of violetei.
Water dissolves nutrients and trace elements that are found in soil, and assimilate them via plant roots. It contains water and plant tissues.
Lack of natural moisture by watering the indemnity is regularly violetelor.
Watering your African violetelor will be regularly, without supraumezi or dry Earth. The water should not reach the point of growth of the plant – the center of the plant where they grow and develop new leaves (It is important in the case of van udarii, corruption of their growth leads to plant death).
African violets will squirt mature when the top layer of the soil dries out. Younger violets will maintain a consistently moist soil.
Watering your plants will be regularly. During spring and summer – in the morning, during the fall and winter-day.
For irrigation water is recommended at room temperature or 1-2 ° C above calda.Daca plant is watered with cold water the plant roots to rot risk.
During the summer, at temperatures higher than 22 ° C., African violets mature will be wet with an interval of 2-3 days or twice a week, Violet chicks more frequently. Late fall and winter plants are watered once a week (It will keep you in mind and the temperature in the room, where is Valiente, soil moisture in the pot).
Udarilor frequency depends on the dimensions and material ghiveciului (water from the ceramic flower pots evaporate through the walls, and the givecele plastic plants are watered less frequently), the blending of Earth in flower pot, season, environmental temperature, plant sizes.
The water wets the herb:
Saintpaulia is a sensitive plant in terms of water quality. There are a few basic requirements, that require special attention in terms of the quality of water for watering: Moisten with water the plant must be cleaned, to have a low mineral salts, toxic impurities and foreign inclusions, neutral or weak acid reaction.
For watering your African violetelor more often it uses tap water. Tap water is filtered and mostly move on different stages of purification, becoming a drinking water. It is suitable for watering, Although it should be noted that the content of mineral salts is very small, While the content of chlorine may increase significantly.
Before being used, tap water should be at least a week until the factory to eliminate chlorine or it will pass through a filter of household, eliminating from its content and other harmful impurities.
The water fountain or source has a high content of mineral salts, Since passing through the ground, it washes away the trace elements in the soil. Used for watering, you have to keep in mind that quite often this water is hard and cannot be used without being treated in advance.
Water hardness is caused by the presence in water of salts of calcium and magnesium, sometimes in combination with iron salts. Depending on the compounds present in water, water hardness can be temporary or permanent.
Temporary hardness of water is due to the presence of hydrocarbons in the water content and can be avoided by boiling water.
Permanent water hardness is caused by the presence in water of salts of calcium and magnesium. This type of strength is a property of intriseca and cannot be eliminated entirely.
The hardness of the water is less dangerous than the plants nonimmigrant.
Use the soaked water with a hardness has a constant supply of violetelor susrsa with micro-nutrients like magnesium and calcium. Regular consumption of calcium has a positive effect on plant metabolism, improves the soil structure and the activity of micro-organisms. The hardness of the water does not change the pH level of the soil.
Temporary hardness water balance acid-alkaline disrupt the soil by increasing the content of alkali compounds. Long-term use of this type of water has a negative impact on plants: darker roots, with an unhealthy color to Brown, signs of chlorosis.
Before you restructured your being used, water hardness amount shall be reduced by the addition of lemon salt (5-6 cristale / 1 separately), oxalic acid or vinegar (1-2 lingurite / 1 l apa) her composition, that delving into the alkaline reaction leads to the precipitation of mineral salts. African violets will be watered only once a month with acidifiata water.
Water hardness can be low and through the use of filters, ion exchange, or by boiling.
In the case of boiling water you have to keep in mind two important moments:
- evaporation increases the mineralization of the water;
- boiled water should sit at least one day in a bowl opened to air saturarii.
The use of water in the Lakes, rivers and reservoirs is not indicated, Since it may contain toxic substances or chemicals, organic matter in decomposition, bacteria, Foreign inclusions and other dangerous substances.
The use of rainwater or water resulting from the melting of snow is recommended only in the less polluted areas. It's a softer compared with the tap, a neutral acid reaction and oxygen-rich content. These qualities make valuable rainwater for watering your African violetelor.
- the ships collect rain water sits under stresini, gutters and downspouts. Before arriving in pot, the rain water washes the roof from dust, smoke, funigine. It will not collect rain water, If before the rain was a pretty long period secetoasa.
- If the rain is strong and prolonged, Avoid water collecting in the first 30 minutes, This time it is sufficient to wash off the roof the dust and impurities.
Synergy between that appear during udarii:
- Excess soil wetting increase pH levels, the capillaries in the soil are filled with water, stopping the supply of oxygen to the roots of the plant. On the surface of leaves blemishes appear watery, the leaves are let down, and the roots get a dark and die. The soil in the pots should be soaked with a solution of potassium permanganate (pinkish) – 0.3-0.5 L / Plantation. Another way is to change the soil, removing rotten roots, spaland remaining roots in a solution of potassium permanganate and sadind plant in new soil mixture.
- Poor wetting the soil – soil in pots dries out, Detaches from the edges of the ghiveciului, the roots of the plant are harmed. The pot plant is going to sink into a large bowl filled with water until the soil in potted moisten.
- The rottenness of growth when the water reaches the center of the rozetei.
- The water that falls on the leaves regularly, leads to the appearance of unsightly white stains. If the surface of the leaf fall and sun rays, water stains will act as a lens, drawing near to the rays of the Sun and will cause burns on the surface of the leaf.
- Take water used for watering violetelor contribute to a sediment of yellow-white. It will change the top layer of soil or water the plant from the top with distilled water, such salts spaland, or ground water will squirt acidifata.